Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Energy

Last month I received my 700-hr Yoga Therapy certification. This month I became a White Light Reiki Master. My teacher remarked on how quickly my journey has evolved. With my yoga and meditation practice, the path just grows clearer. This month, I am being gentle with myself, unplugging more, and allowing the energy of Reiki to integrate into my physical, mental and spiritual being.

What is Reiki? It is an over 2500-year old practice of tuning into this high vibration life-force, which was rediscovered by Dr. Mikao Usui over a century ago. A great overview can be read here. My personal experience has been healing and transformative. I am honored to teach this ancient practice with all who are compelled to learn and experience.

Since becoming a Reiki Master, life has gotten quite loud and chaotic around me. I am surrounded by betrayal, greed, drama, and a host of lower vibration energies that do not match what I am looking to cultivate in my life. Perhaps they have been here all along, and they are now being revealed in a way that I cannot ignore. Nevertheless, these circumstances leave me conflicted.

Raised as a good catholic girl, I was taught to put my own needs aside and help others. As a Yoga Therapist and Reiki Master, my career is based on helping others. So when confronted by the screams of desperation, I feel guilty that my instinct is to move in the other direction.

It is a popular perception that yoga teachers are all free-love, easygoing kind of people. I have never been that. I do not socialize easily, and it takes time for me to be comfortable in any environment. I am highly sensitive to energies that are present. Being around harsh energy is very unsettling, and I lose my equanimity. Using discernment to where I invest my attention serves me well.

Discernment is not judgement, it is fully perceiving and comprehending what is true in order to mindfully choose appropriate action. I look at where I am, and purposely decide how is best for me to move forward. I pray for guidance. I may consult loving friends and teachers. I do not need to be all things to all people. I need to be the very best me; authentic, strong and loving.

Dr. David R. Hawkins wrote Power Vs. Force, which changed my way of perceiving my life and the people in it. Within the book is a Map of Consciousness, which calculates the vibration of different energies, or states of being. This has allowed me to release judgement of those stuck in lower vibration energies. Hey, I've been there too. I have chosen to move upward, and I use this map as a compass.

These days have been challenging and confusing for many people. Energy levels are extremely high, and we may not feel like ourselves. Moon and planetary cycles also affect our energy. Therefore, don't take anything personally. That includes praise and criticism. It is none of our business what others think of us. Our responsibility is to ourselves. We choose the experiences that we want to create. No judgement.
<b>Map of Consciousness</b> by David R. Hawkins

1 comment:

  1. I praise you anyway <3 I love your writing Jenny, and support all your endeavors on this beautiful journey

    ReplyDelete