Monday, December 21, 2015

Solstice

Last night we embarked up Pyramid Mountain on a group hike in celebration of the winter solstice, led by our friend, Douglas Vorolieff. As we witnessed the sun setting while the moon was rising, my friend Irene remarked that she became very aware of walking on Earth, this massive planet. It was a shared moment of wonder, a return to innocence.


As we walked down the mountain in the moonlight, I noticed the group got very quiet. It was a sacred stillness that I have experienced after some yoga classes. Partially stemming from fatigue, there is also a sense of connection to something greater.

As I journey into this new season, my intention is to remain connected to that which is greater than me as I let go of lesser attachments. When I am aligned with that, I experience more ease and joy. Arguments resolve, wounds heal, new friendships and other miracles become commonplace.

There are many ways to get into this space: nature, yoga, prayer, meditation, music, art and zillions more. Sometimes it's challenging to find time. I am blessed that my schedule is usually flexible, though there are times when it gets strained. At those times, a deep breath and a quick prayer suffice.

My gift to you this season is my discovery of the Map of Consciousness, created by Dr. David Hawkins. Using applied kinesiology, specific states of consciousness were identified and measured. The lowest level of shame logs at 20 and the highest level of enlightenment logs at 1000. Courage logs at 200, which begins the higher levels of positivity and truth. All we need is courage to expand into higher levels of consciousness! I enthusiastically encourage you to look deeper into Dr. Hawkins writings and lectures.

However you choose to go into this new season, I wish you peace.

The light in you is seen and honored by the light in me.

Namaste.

1 comment: